- Fully managed, hosted service
- Flexible any-to-any solutions
- Very high customer satisfaction
- 20+ years’ industry experience
- Clear, transparent pricing
- All data held within the UK
- UK-based customer support
Application Support Technician
EDI Plus Ltd are a leading EDI and software application company with a large variety of prestigious clients.
Our EDI service involves receiving data files from trading partners, converting them to a different format and sending them out to their trading partners.
We strive to provide the best service possible, and a key part of that is our support service for which our customers hold us in high esteem.
We are looking for an Application Support Technician to join our busy team located in our Plymouth offices.
The Application Support Technician role will build up a breadth of knowledge of our clients/Trading partners and their document types etc. Every customer’s requirements are different, which presents itself with new challenges and opportunities to broaden your IT and business knowledge and experience.
The Application Support Technician’s primary roles are: -
- Locating and handling EDI translation failures in our bespoke software.
- Handling customer queries and liaising with our customers/trading partners through our ticketing system and by telephone.
- Tackling new challenges on a daily basis – no two days are the same!
- Proactively checking our systems to confirm that time-critical documents have been received and processed successfully.
Setting up and maintaining data communications (FTP, email, VAN, AS2 etc) connections with our trading partners.
Creation and updating of wiki pages for internal procedures/reference.
We operate an Out of Office Support service which is covered on a rota basis. This would be included in the role once proficient.
You are a born trouble-shooter! You love to take on new technical challenges and thrive on locating (and possibly fixing) problems you may never have seen before.
You want to help customers, whether dealing with technical specialists or the non-technical.
Good IT literacy, including familiarity with Microsoft software; Windows, Excel, Outlook, Word, files.
Attention to detail with good keyboard skills.
Logical thinker with ability to follow written procedures.
Excellent prioritisation skills. You will need to be able to handle multiple tasks at once and to be able to prioritise when urgent cases arrive.
Excellent communication skills.
Team player – must thrive working as part of a team and with own tasks.
Must be able to work under pressure.
A knowledge of business document types and data communication methods would be useful but not critical as full training will be provided.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent, Hybrid
Hours: Monday to Friday 9am – 5.30pm
Starting Salary: £19,000 – £21,000 per year
Salary after training - £21,000 - £26,500 per year
- Casual dress
- Company pension
- On-site parking
- Private medical insurance
- Sick pay
- Hybrid working
Applications by email please to email@example.com