- Fully managed, hosted service
- Flexible any-to-any solutions
- Very high customer satisfaction
- 20+ years’ industry experience
- Clear, transparent pricing
- All data held within the UK
- UK-based customer support
Data Translation Technician
Role: Data Translation Technician or Trainee Data Translation Technician
Salary: £18,000 - £22,000 starting salary plus benefits, depending upon experience.
EDI Plus Limited provides computing services to a significant number of clients, ranging from local business to prestigious global brands.
Due to growing demand we are looking to expand our team of experts. You will join our successful and friendly team at our Plymouth Science Park premises, working on a variety of projects. Training will be provided to extend your existing computing capabilities. You will acquire expertise in data communications and data formats
About the role
The job is essentially to create and maintain automated data translation “maps”, using a visual software tool which provides an environment similar to that which software developers use. These “maps” define the rules for the automatic transformation of data between the formats which the sending and receiving party use for their data. We process high volumes of such data for a wide variety of business organisations.
You will work under the instruction of a mentor for several months while you are learning about the various formats and how to use the tools to achieve the required results.
Once proficient in those essential skills, you will spend an increasing part of your time working directly with trading partners yourself, on the phone and by email, to establish and fulfil their requirements.
EDI Plus Limited are an exciting business offering a good salary as well as :-
- Private health care
- Company pension
- Health and life assurance
- Pleasant working environment
You will be part of our friendly team working on diverse, exciting projects using modern technologies. You will gain experience working with clients in a wide range of business sectors including:
- Manufacturing & distribution
Please apply to us if all of the following apply to you:
- I am familiar with Microsoft Office software such as Outlook, Word and Excel
- I have enough IT experience to know that I want to work within the IT industry and learn new IT skills
- I have an analytical approach to problem solving
- I enjoy paying meticulous attention to getting things exactly right
- I enjoy applying logic and performing technical tasks with computers
- I am an enthusiastic, self-motivated, person who likes “getting things done”
- I can communicate well with non-technical users, and speak and write in English clearly and concisely
- I have qualifications in relevant subjects such as Maths, ICT, Physics or Accounting
- I enjoy working as part of a small team
Preference given to candidates who also have:
- An understanding of business documents (such as Orders and Invoices)
- Some computer programming experience
- A desire to develop your skills and experience in a dynamic environment
- Relevant experience of working in a team environment
- Knowledge of data communications protocols such as SFTP, AS2 & HTTP Post
If the above is an accurate description of you, and you are keen to further your skills and career in the role described, please send your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
No agency enquiries please.