- Fully managed, hosted service
- Flexible any-to-any solutions
- Very high customer satisfaction
- 20+ years’ industry experience
- Clear, transparent pricing
- All data held within the UK
- UK-based customer support
What is HTTP?
EDI PLUS allows for trading over the internet via HTTP (Hypertext Transfer Protocol). HTTP works as a request-response protocol between a client and server.
EDI PLUS can handle HTTP in the following three ways:
- HTTP Get – Requests data from a specified resource.
- HTTP Post – Submits data to be processed to a specified resource.
- HTTP Receiver – Receives data into a specified URL.
HTTPS is simply a secure implementation of HTTP. Certificates are used to encrypt the data and then decrypt it again at the receiver, ensuring that the message cannot be read or altered by any third parties in between. For business, personal, or indeed any confidential information HTTPS should always be used instead of plain HTTP, but the mechanisms are essentially the same.
The trading partner provides us with a URL where to collect files, our EDI PLUS service would then hit the URL and download the relevant files.
The trading partner provides us with a URL where to send the files, our EDI PLUS service would then send the files to the given URL.
We would setup a unique URL within our EDI PLUS solution and provide that to the sender. The sender would then send the files to the URL for processing by EDI PLUS.