- Fully managed, hosted service
- Flexible any-to-any solutions
- Very high customer satisfaction
- 20+ years’ industry experience
- Clear, transparent pricing
- All data held within the UK
- UK-based customer support
What is ANSI X12?
ANSI X12 was developed for the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) by the Accredited Standards Committee (ASC) in 1979. The aim was to develop uniform standards for inter-industry electronic exchange of business transactions. ANSI X12 was originally conceived to support businesses across different industry sectors in North America. The ANSI X12 standard is now used worldwide by over 300,000 companies.
ANSI X12 is similar to EDIFACT in that each EDI document is made up of multiple segments. Each segment is composed of a sequence of elements.
Example ANSI X12 Document
Service Segment Descriptions
- ISA Segment – Interchange Control Header
- GS Segment – Function Group Header
- ST Segment – Transaction Set Header
- SE Segment – Transaction Set Trailer
- GE Segment – Function Group Trailer
- IEA Segment – Interchange Control Trailer